----------
> Fra: Simone Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: Can anyone spare some time to answer some questions??
> Dato: 14. juli 1997 10:58
>
> Hi there
>
> My name is Simone and I am a 2nd year medical student at the
> University of Newcastle, Australia.  I am studying the particular
> needs of patients with Parkinson's disease and would like to be able
> to obtain the view point of people with the disease, care givers,
> health professionals, relatives etc etc.  Below is a list of
> questions that I am interested in answering.  I would appreciate if
> you could spare ten minutes of your time to answer then and discuss
> any other issues you feel would be relevant to myunderstanding.
>
> Thank you
>
> Simone
>
> Questions
> 1.  What are the main problems as identified by the sufferers of
> Parkinson's disease?
*** cramps, "stifness", sideeffect beause of the med. e.g. nausea,
dyskinesi.
but I can only talk for myself.

  What do they most often ask for, complain of,
> or request help with?
*** we are talking much about the new medicin, new Surgery,

> 2.  In what areas does a person with Parkinson's have more of a
> problem than other people their age?
*** Really - sorry - I don`t know!!

 What services are needed to
> deal with these problems?  Are they adequate?
*** ???

> 3.  What health services do patients with Parkinson's disease utilise
> significantly?
*** Neurologists

> 4.  Identify the three health related problems for sufferers of
> Parkinson's Disease, which you feel are most in need of action.
***I`m so sorry, but I have to wait with this question, because I don`t
understand what you mean??

Sonia Nielsen
Denmark

NEVER GIVE UP