Fellow travellers,

I am against fragmenting the list into separate categories.  There are
plenty of research oriented sites  around (not to mention the list
archives!) that suit the needs of those who do not enjoy the 'chatter.'
 But, more to the point, when a question is asked in our forum the
chatter stops (or at least tones down to a dull roar) and the query often
receives many replies.  This is what many of us get out of this list -
cyberhuman contact with fellow PDers who CARE.  Without the humor and
silliness which occassionally pervades the list, we might as well all be
robots!  Its bad enough that many of us already have the masks of
inanimation.  We certainly don't have to let our inner-being go that
route.

That is my two cents worth,

Terry Brennan
39/17