At 11:28 AM 7/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Marling McReynolds wrote:
>
>> For those who have been living with PD longer than I, is there an
>> average speed
>> and order for the onset of different symptoms?
>>
>> I know the answer is probably no, but I would be interested in hearing
>> from some
>> of you as to how you got to the place you are at now.
>
>Dear friend,
 Having had Parkinson's for 32 years, I found that in my case there is no
partictular speed or order for the onset of any symptoms. One thing that is
important to remember is that every case of Parkinson's is different.  In my
case I have never had any tremor to speak of.  One thing I do know is every
time I think that I have something figured out it will probably change and
it does get frustrating and you must stay current with everything dealing
with PD.  Never declare yourself an expert.  We all can learn from someone
else. For a very long time our support group members thought that I was on
top of every situatuation and I always tell them that I am no different than
anyone of them.
I think my key to the success that I have had with this thing is a
combination of attitude, humor. my ability to maintain a  healthy body, not
giving up and alittle luck as well.  I also believe my faith in the good
lord hasn't hurt. I hope these little hints will help someone.

Hang in there folks1

Russ Ahlstrom    [log in to unmask]
53/32