Charlie Meyers wrote:

> To face the enemy head-on is more likely to produce positive
> results than playing ostrich.  Denying that you have the illness may
> briefly decrease anxiety.

I am in full agreement with the above, and the rest of the "Denial"
posting.  Charlie's comments however only open the door on the
subject of positive thinking.  It has been my experience and obser-
vation that hiding one's head in the sand only postpones the real
battle and uses up valuable energy in the early stages of the disease.
PD being a progressive disease, the individual will never again have
that level of energy and to that degree early denial actually actively
impedes their long term ability to live with the disease.

Once the fact of PD is accepted, the PWP can start working on
developing a pro-active mindset and the earlier that is in place the
better for the individual concerned.  The earlier we have our
'live with' stratagies in place, the better practiced they will be when
we really need them.

But there are at least two things we should deny.

1.      We should deny that PD in any way reduces us as persons.

2.      We should deny that PD is the only factor in our lives

Dennis