Sid -

Dick hasn't yet received a prescription for Pramipexole from his neurologist,
but a friend of ours has.  He was instructed to wean himself off the Permax
gradually by taking 3/4 of a dose for a few days, then 1/2 dose for a few
days, then 1/4.  Then he would go a day without the Permax entirely before
starting Pramipexole.  The weaning process was to take about 10 days or so, I
believe.   I'm sorry I've forgotten whether he said he had to gradually work
up to a full dose of Pramipexole.

As Camilla said, your pharmacist or neurologist should be able to advise you.

Margie Swindler     cg for Dick, 52/15     [log in to unmask]