>signs for cancer, due to wide advertising, years ago.  If we could only
>educate the masses on PD,  especially how many young folks are affected!  You
>made a start in the right direction, I commend you.  Could we get media
>attention? Could the symptoms be printed on giveaway items like mugs?
> Billboards at major intersections in big cities?  TV exposure on the talk
>shows?  I know this kind of advertising costs big money, maybe more than the
>cost of researching the cure?  What about featuring Parkinsons on a soap
>opera?  They always give the characters heart problems, maybe cancer, or
>appendix attacks, why not PD, and write in a Pallidotomy, but then show how
>it helps symptoms, but does not cure?   How could we get free public service
>advertising on TV?  Anyone out there have an idea?

I have felt I would like to do something about this very thing!  I'm sure we
all know the feeling of being told by casual friends, even our doctors, how
well were coping! But only those that live with us can begin to comprehend
the full story. I recently took up lawn bowls, for various reasons, but
basically to make myself mix socially with "ordinary people" i.e. "non
parky's", as I felt I was starting to "drop out" from society. I found the
people at the club very friendly and accepting of me. But now I'm getting
pressure to join the pennant side next season, and I feel they do not
believe my reason for not doing so is that I would not be able to play a
full days pennant game.  Social games last only about three hours, and of
course I time my meds to be at my best. I get sick of trying to explain that
I'm not like this all the time!
Mary from au