Simon, and others,

Yes the numbers of messages can be overwhelming.  And there are days when it
seems there is no medical relevence.  However, all the "chatter" here is needed
by someone on the list.  Dividing the list is, in my opinion a mistake.

The only real logical suggestion I have seen is that we all use the "subject"
line better.  Instead of just replying to others and leaving that line the same,
we should use it to help the rest of the list decide if this message needs to be
read.

If a person thinks there is too much to read at one time, just split it and read
a little  at a time.  Or delete any subject lined items that may not seem
relavent.

Also, people who want specific info need to do one or more of the following:
1-ASK the question on the list  and/or
2-e-mail a specific person direct with the question  and/or
3-contact John Cottingham at [log in to unmask] ( the archivist ) and ask him for
info that has been put on the list before.

That is my opinion for what it may be worth.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling
[log in to unmask]    or    [log in to unmask]