Marling,
My mom was dx 8 years ago at age 70. Her difficulties in function have
progressed at a very uneven rate. She will be fine for say 6 mos. and then
have a leap symptoms. We will adjust her meds and she will come up at least
half way  in functon. Currently, she is still able to live alone, just
barely. Has not driven for several years, a problem compounded by her
glaucoma. She needs considerable help with household chores and someone
usually has her over for dinner several times a week. She can fix herself
simple meals like soup and sandwich. During "bad spells" she needs help
with things like dressing. Someone checks on her several times a day.
Unfortunately, my mother is a defeated woman who is very angry at being
"chained" to a medicine regime and makes little effort to keep herself
moving or to help us help her get better results from her doctor. It may
partly be due to some depression on her part. When I read the list I always
applaud every time I read of someone's fighting spirit. I can't help but
wonder if my mother's disease would progress more slowly if she actively
fought against it instead of assuming she is beaten already.
                                        Susan coCG Elizabeth 78/8
Susan Davis <[log in to unmask]>

http://www.m-media.com