Jill

One thing I did for my mother when she became too frail to cook, yet wanted
to retain her independence by living alone, was to make an extra serving of
food each night.  When I served the family their dinner, I put the extra
portion in a  foil or microwave-safe dish, covered it, labeled it, and put it
in the freezer.  When I visited her on the weekend, I brought a week's worth
of dinners for the following week.If she went out for dinner a few nights and
had extra food in her freezer, I'd cut back the following week, so she never
had more than a week's worth of food to store at a time.

Almost anything can be frozen.  Things microwave best if there's a sauce or
gravy to keep them moist.  Any casserole should reheat well.

My other suggestion is to encourage your parents to use a supplemental food,
such as Ensure, between meals.  As you know, it's really important for them
to maintain good nutrition and avoid further weight loss.

Good luck,
Mary Sheehan