Heather Elizabeth Baird wrote:

> Charlie Meyer: Sorry, I forgot to tell you why you are confused
> with my identity.  I am Scottish, so, pay for nothing I don't
> have to pay for, like Internet access.  I am William Baird, using
> the id of Heather Baird for free access to the Internet.  Heather
> is my daughter at University.
> As for denial, it is not that we deny.  We are diagnosed by well
> trained, very intelligent people.  It just seems like everything
> seems to work that much better when we don't just feel sorry for
> ourselves all the time, and forget about our problems.  Denial,
> sure, lets see you get a job by not denying that you have PD, eh?
Billy-

Thanks for clearing the identity issue up I won't call you Heather
Elizabeth again or use the pronouns "she" or "her" again.

With the term "denial" I am referring to the psychological refusal to
accept a diagnosis.  But I strongly agree with you that there are times
when it is best not to tell others our diagnosis.  Also I agree that
focusing on our problems for the sake of feeling sorry for ourselves is
counterproductive.  But, regular self-reassessment of the progress of
our illness is necessary for future planning.

Charlie
--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
MADISON, WISCONSIN