Good morning.  I am new to the list.  I joined it because I have access to it
and my father has PD.  He has all sorts of trouble with drugs, including some
breathing problems and twitches of all sorts.  I see that he is getting worse
rather suddenly and I am concerned.  He is 81 but in excellent health other
than this damn disease.  He tends to be very depressed; in fact, that was one
of the symptoms that hit him hardest.  Hw tends not to want to do much though
he is on Prozac.  My mother is depressed about him.  She tries to motivate
him but you know how that goes..... she is wearing herself out.  He sits
more and more.

Questions:  1.)  What are THE latest tools for dealing with this disease?
            2.)  Is there anyone out there who knows someone this age who has
                 PD and is functioning well?
            3.)  Where is THE best place to go for help?  Local doctors have
                 (and probably most doctors) a tendency to look upon older
                 people as having lived (note the past tense though they are
                 still alive) their lives.  There is no urgency in their
                 approach.
            4.)  Is Prozac the best thing for this sort of depression?

Thanks for anything you can tell me.  Reach me at [log in to unmask]