Hello Ann,

A belated welcome to the list to you and Joseph.

You are absolutely correct in your projection that the cure for PD
will become a reality because intensive and focused research is
made a reality from deep $ pockets.

We are making great strides in getting our Congressmen cosponsor
the Udall bill -- the latest, official count is around 224 Reps
and well into the 60s in the Senate. There are still a number
of wonderful,hardworking and VERY HOT souls pounding the miles
and miles of corridors in DC.

It is amazing that we are still unearthing Representatives who had
never received a call or a visit regarding the bill--until this week.
Much to our amazement they were receptive to our explanations and
in some instances called the sponsor's office immediately to get
their names on the list.

Now that we have no toll free switchboard, it really makes sense
to set up appointments to see our congressmen while they are
at home during August. They expect to see constituents during
the month before returning to DC in September.

Let's keep the momentum going!

Margaret Tuchman
returned to NJ

At 05:43 PM 7/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>As a new member of this List, I have enjoyed (almost) every letter
>written here.  My husband was dx in March of this year, so we needed
>to learn everything we could and to immerse ourselves in all aspects
>of PD.  Although I have mostly "lurked" on the List, I have gotten a
>great deal from it, and definitely look forward to all the letters
>each day.  For those of you who are veterans, I feel that the ongoing
>discussions of Pramipexole will be very enlightening to everybody;
>I'm very interested in the progress of the Udall bill--the cure will
>come from intensive research and deep pocket$; I'm interested in the
>ongoing discussion of onset and progress of symptoms.  I don't feel
>that the list should be split.  If there really are 1,400-1,500
>subscribers to this List, then there is a very small vocal percentage
>writing in.  Inevitably, there will be some nonsense, but on the
>whole the List is productive.  One man's wheat is another man's chaff.
>  Keep it coming, and thanks for being there!  Ann Gibbons

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540