JON A MEYER wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 18:38:41 -0400 hiredgun <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >Hi,  My name is Rich.  I am 29 years old and was diagnosed with PD two
> >years ago I am on Sinnamet CR and Eldepryl.  Right now I feel pretty
> good.
> >I am interested in information pertaining to young onset PD.  I read all
> I can >about PD, but not too much info seems to be available regarding my
> age.
> >My wife is pregnant and no one is sure if PD meds pose any risk to the
> baby.
> >Thanks for listening,
> >                        Rich P.
> >
> Hi Rich,
> Welcome to the PD list. You have joined an elite group of people! I too
> am on Sinemet and Eldepryl and am functioning fairly well. Sorry I can't
> tell you about drug interactions with your wife's pregnancy, my baby girl
> just turned 13. I was dx with PD just over a year ago at 39 yrs. Are you
> still able to work full time?
> There were some questions earlier on the list from a young lady with PD
> wondering about drugs and pregnancy maybe she has found out something by
> now.
> Keep in touch, ask any question and someone will have probably gone
> through the same experience and can pass along advise to help, be it drug
> reaction or daily living.
> Let us know when the baby is born so we can all celebrate.
>
> Jon Meyer 40/1 ([log in to unmask])
> another Hoosier

DEAR RICH: Little reasearch has been done on PD drugs and pregnancy.
However there is not much likelyhood of your wife or baby having a
problem without her taking the drugs. There is of course a possibility
of you passing on a gene for PD to your baby. To my knowledge the
inherited trait has not yet been proven, but is probably a good
possibility.

                                                Jerry Starr, Rph
withhout her taking the drugs.