-->>>>>>> Next Section <<<<<<<

I was in the Pramipexole study for three years and have answered
ongoing questions to the best of my ability. Now that the study is
over and the seal has been broken on the protocol, I can relate a
little bit more.

In  Phase I (Double-blind, placebo controled) I was on the real
stuff. As it turns out, there were actually four experimental
groups, each receiving a different dosage. It turns out that I was
receiving the lowest dosage (1.5 MG). During the wash out period
between Phase I and Phase II (where everyone gets the real stuff) I
essentially became a basket case. I needed constant care. (NOTE:
during the washout period I was taking NO PD meds at all).

For Phase II my condition remained about the same for 2 and 1/2
years and then started getting a bit worse. This means that the
Pramipexole was doing a pretty good job of aleviating the symptoms
since I'm sure my condition degenerated during that period (also my
neurologoist's assessment). My overall impression of the diffreence
the Pramipexole made was a 20-25% increase in the baseline (which
approximates the reported 20% increase for all actrive
participants). I experienced NO side-effects, but this is probably
due to the fact that I was on the lowest trial dosage.

My only other experience with a dopamine agonist was less than 6
months on bromocriptine. I had to discontinue it to participate in
the Ropinerol study (Phase I only). I am fairly certain that I was
receiving the placebo then.  As far as I can remember the
experience, I would say that Mirapex is better than bromocriptine.

In summation, Pramipexole works for me, and I will be switching over
to Mirapex this week (the shipment was received Friday). I will
report furhter if my neurologist (who was one of the investigators)
increases my dosage. Those who are starting fresh on Mirapex will
probably have a four week break-in period before they titrate up to
the level I am at.

Bruce
55/9
Sinemet CR and Mirapex