Linda Forrest's Mom writes:

>List, I know that this has come up before, but I stress that yall must
>at least give this a try. Thanks to Dens suggestion on the l-carnitine,
>my father is much better, the results were seen in only 5 days! I have
>been researching for weeks now for any side effects to this supplement,
>prior to giving this to my son, the only thing that I have been able to
>uncover is slight diarrhea when the dosage is extremely high. There are
>no long term effects, and l-carnitine is used in hospitals with patients
>with heart failure with excellent results. L-carnitine can be purchased
>over-the-counter, and we got ours from GNC, the liquid form.

Thank you for posting the excellent compilation of recent research on ALC! I
want to emphasize that these benefits are obtained by using the acetyl stage
of L-carnitine, and although L-carnitine does have health benefits, it is
not the same as ALC. This is a very important distinction.

BTW, I have been using ALC for probably 8 months, try to hit the 1500 mg/day
mark, but get to be a lazy pill-taker sometimes. No side effects that I am
aware of. Also no discernible benefits, but the initial research also
convinced me to add it to my supplement list, and I intend to continue using
it unless a meaningful reason to discontinue it arises.

Kathie Tollifson 47/9