-->>>>>>> Next Section <<<<<<<

Mental confusion is cited in the liturature as being one of the
side-effects of many drugs used in the treatment of PD. I used to
experience it (along with nausea and other side-effect) fairly
frequenly, but as time has passed, the side-effectsd disappeared
(sometimes, it seemed, along with the main-effects!!).

The most extreme case I encountered was when I lost my medicine and
went for two days without. I got a new Rx on noon of the 3rd day and
took my normal dosage. With-in three hours I was not only mentally
fogged in, I was suffering from a total disconnect between objects
and labels.

For instance, if I saw a three-sided, closed object, I knew that I
knew the name for it but could not remember what it was.. At the
same time, (I would realize later), in my label memory bank would be
one called "triangle", but the association between the object and
its label was missing. I don't even remember whether or not I
remembered my name. The only thing that kept me from screaming up
the walls was a strong sense of self-identity--I was still me even
if I didn't know who me was.

I don't know if there is a medical term for this condition, but I
think of it as being a mental disassociation. Most people have
experienced very minor instances of this when they cannot remember
the name of something ("my mind just drew a blank")

Bruce
55/9
Sinemet CR and Mirapex