My father, Walter, is 84 years old and takes Eldepryl and Sinemet.  My
mother and I have experienced benefits from an antioxidant called
pycnogenol (proanthocyanidin from the Maritime pine tree) and we have
finally talked Dad into giving it a try.  But he is very skeptical.  He
is building up slowly, as anyone just starting out should, but says he
feels worse, not better and will stop if he doesn't start to feel better
soon.

We know from personal experience and the experience of others, that a
"cleansing" of the body occurs when first taking this compound, and it
is not unusual for someone to feel worse at first.  Loose stools are
also a common side effect.  But these soon go away and, after reaching
the full dosage, the benefits start to become obvious.  In my case, my
ADD-type of fuddled brain cleared and I was much more able to think
clearly.  My arthritis and carpal tunnel left.  I felt better than I had
in a long time.

Dad would be much more likely to stick with pycnogenol if he knew
another PD person out there had tried it and had benefitted.  But there
is a dearth of information on the subject of pycnogenol and PD.  Has
anyone out there tried this?  We would so appreciate an answer.

Thank you.       Audrey Beust McMurray