From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of Arthur Hirsch
Sent:   Saturday, July 19, 1997 3:36 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Hospitalization

Charlie,

I had never read much about the efforts going re Parkinsonism at
Rush-Presbyterian-St. Lukes Hospital in Chicago, but last week I was among
those priveleged to hear Jeffrey Kordower, Ph.D., of subject hospital speak
at the Parkinson's Public Policy Forum in Washington, DC.  Not only was his
presentation arguably the best of many excellent presentations, but he took
time off later to visit Capitol Hill with our advocates as well.

If this man's care speaks for the care of the hospital, you are in
excellent hands.  It appears that he is in research, not in patient care,
but I suggest that you make it a point to meet him if you can.

My wish is for a recovery so complete that you won't have the time for this
list that you have lavished on us in the past months - a loss for the list,
but a gain for you.

Art

At 04:36 PM 7/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Listfriends (or list sibs)
>
>On Monday (pending bed availability) I will be entering
>Rush-Presbyterian-St. Lukes Hospital in Chicago to switch from
>bromocryptine and sinemet to pramipexole and sinemet.  Hopefully I will
>regain my ability to walk ( which I lost about 3 months ago) without
>freezing every other step.  I also will be receiving rehab therapy which
>I badly need.
>
>The last posts I will be able to answer will be able to respond to will
>be tomorrow's (except for you Aussies)
>
>I'll be back in 1-2 weeks.
>
>Charlie
>--
>CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
>MADISON, WISCONSIN

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness