<< Do you agree ?  >>

Cher Bernard:

I voted yes on the French list, and if I can have a second vote, I'll vote
yes again.  as stated in one TV commercial 'getting old is not for
sissies!'...
I shall respond here rather than in French this time, because I believe I am
more fluent and more practiced in English.
The percentage of younger PD's is really not relevant to the subject at hand.
 The major concern is jobs regardless of the percentage.  Each country  also
differs in the kind of social security program available to various
individuals, and how individuals prepare themselves for eventual retirement.
 In the US, a civil servant (functionary) can receive up to 80% of his(her)
best three year average, whereas   a large corporation like GE might have the
same largesse plus a share of stocks to long term employees.  If the PWP
still has to pay for educating their offspring (College at upwards of $25,000
per annum), that can create another set of problems.
I stated before that I believe that honesty towards a potential employer (and
to oneself) is the best policy, I should place a CAVEAT in there.  If
self-preservation is the primary purpose of employment,   some disguise  of
the facts may not be objectionable.
You really are struggling with a tough one on this subject; the only constant
is Parkinson vs. a host of variables.  Bonne chance.

Michel Margosis