> Mary Ann,
> I found your husband's medicine schedule most remarkable, so much so that
> think it should be studied by researchers--17 years on the job  since dx
and
> he only takes PD med at night.  I'm curious to know how much PD meds he
takes
> at night and what other steps you and he have taken to control his PD??

> Barbara Blake-Krebs (55, dx 1984)            [log in to unmask]

Jamie only takes * Sinemet* at night, but he takes Eldepryl, Amantadine and
Artane in the a.m.  He also takes Lopressor (which I sincerely believe has
decreased his tremor remarkably) for hypertension, Zyloprim for Gout, and
Zantac at night for gastric reflux.  He's a regular walking pharmacy.

When he comes home at 4 p.m. he take 50/250 of Sinemet.  Then at 9:30 p.m.
he takes another 50/250 followed by half that dose at 11:30 at night - he
then can sleep until 6 a.m.

Jamie is a physical chemist and does most of his work at the computer.  We
maintain a very low-profile existence and avoid stress like the plague.  We
have a small farm and a large garden, which Jamie thoroughly enjoys.  We
notice he functions much better in the summer when he gets regular 'garden
exercise.'
-------
Mary Ann (CG of Jamie 57/17)