Dear Marling -

You wrote:

>>Changes!  No more theatre movies.  Limited driving.  No
>>>more long walks along the river (climbing over the rocks).
>>>No more good, deep, sound sleeps.  No more days
>>>without pain and/or discomfort.

I'm sure "no more" of all the things you enjoy is how it seems to you right
now.  However,  there'll be good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours,
as we all know when we're feeling better physically.  It's just hard to
maintain perspective when so many bad things happen in one day.

I've said this before on the net, but I'll say it again:  I've decided that
PD is a series of losses, and we're entitled to grieve for each loss as if
it's a death.  So I'm not about to tell you that you shouldn't mourn the
losses as they occur.  But I do want to say that some of the abilities Dick
and I thought were gone forever have reappeared with a change in medication,
or surgery, or even a reduction in stress.  There are other losses that we
now consider permanent, such as Dick's ability to jog.  We're not declaring
at this point that he can no longer drive on the highway or in heavy traffic,
but for the time being we've decided it's best for him to avoid it.
 Permanent?  Who knows.  But if it is, it's easier to deal with if we don't
officially "bury" it yet.

Here's hoping that some of the "losses" you think you're seeing are not
permanent, but temporary fluctuations in the disease.  Of the losses that may
truly be permanent, we join with you in grieving for them, knowing that your
indominitable spirit will survive these losses and get you through.

I echo your comment, "Thank goodness for the net.:

Warmly, Margie Swindler     cg for Dick, 52/15        [log in to unmask]