I just sent this info to Clara then decided someone else might find it
helpful.  She was inquiring about how to remember when to take the meds.
Don has been using a timer pillbox for 4 or 5 years now and finds it
invaluable.  The catalog also has many other helpful tools to help make
independent life easier.  Below is the address and phone number and a
description of the pill box.

The company is Independent Living Aids, Inc. ((ila)
27 E Mall, Plainview, NY 11803
1-800-537-2118

You could call for a catalog or if you want to order "sight unseen" the item
# is 375670.  My 1995-96 catalog list it for $10.95 for one or two for
$20.00.  The description in the book is:  This little pillbox and timer is
the solution to many problems such as how to carry a variety of pills and
how to remember when to take them.  The timer can be set for as little as a
1 minute interval to a maximum of 24 hours.  It has a presistent bussing
alarm that lasts for about 1 minute unless turned off sooner.  If you take
pills on a regular basis, you can press a reset function when it rings to
repeat the same time interval.  There are many other used for this
attractive little aid use it as a timer, as a wake-up alarm, to keep notes
reminding you what to do when it rings , etc.  Measures 3 1/2 x 2 x 1/2/
Battery included.  One year warranty.

We still have the original battery and it is at least four years old.  It is
handy since Don takes pills every four hours, he sets it for 4 hour
intervals.  Takes his pills, pushs a button and it resets for 4 more hours.
His only problem is that he cannot always hear the buzzer, I can hear it
several rooms away.  Then there are the times he goes out to work and
forgets to take it with him.  I guess he is like Billy, when he's working he
forgets he has PD.  He has actually gone up to eight hours not even thinking
about his meds.  Nancy B cg for Don 63/13