Camilla, when my father, who is 80 and according to your description of
Peter's symptoms, much further along...was in the hospital, then in the rehab
section of the NH, he was doing very poorly, so poorly that his doctor said
the next step might be a hospice, and he didn't say it that gently. When my
mother got him out of that place, and back home, she managed to get two aids,
one who comes five days a week, twice a day, one on the week ends. I can't
say he is doing "well" but he is doing much better, I actually saw him smile
yesterday, that made me feel better. he enjoys his meals, sleeps through most
nights, etc. I can say that being back home, with my mother's caregiving, has
been a life saver.  He had sores from the hospital, which are healing well,
he has been able to reduce his Sinimet useage.  My mother was feeling better
physically when he was in the NH, but mentally, even though she was there for
most of the day, she felt like he should be home, and in his case, she was
right.  We are waiting for his neurologist appointment to try Mirapex on
August 8th, hopefully he will get good news and good results. I hope you get
the same, very soon. The waiting is terrible...........
Ken B