Friends-- we are in process of deciding whether to use  Home Health agency
in addition to the private helper we have now occasionally. There are
a number of resources--check with your local Senior Center, Council on
Aging, etc for info. Our Senior Center has a list of persons who will
work on a private basis, fees from $7-10 per hour usually.  There are also
more and more HOme Health/Home Care Agencies (see the Yellow Pages of your
phone book) which charge more but offer a variety of services. The one we
talked with today is run by a hospital, and is Medicare certified. They will
accept what Medicare pays, no copay. However, to be eligible for Medicare there
are rules--the person must need skilled care of some kind (nurse,nutritionist,
physical therapist, etc.  and the person must be "house bound". This means
they don't go out regularly, though trips to doctor, support group, are OK.
Also occasional social outings, infrequently.  If Medicare accepts you, they  a
pay for all the skilled services as well as personal care by aides, which other
wise costs  at least $13.per hr.  It is expected that when the person either
improves or reaches a point of no return, service will cease--may be reopened
in future for further needs.  Check out several possibilities, and good luck!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"