The two men she has now, who are both wonderful, were refered by other
caregivers who worked in nursing homes, and hospitals. They happen to be
friends, so they call each other in case one is unable to work.  They get, I
believe $10 an hour. THey have paid less, but sometimes get people who are
not strong enough physically to lift dad out of bed or into the wheelchair,
so the savings is not worth it. You can probably get a live-in at a better
rate, as they get a place to live, if space permits, They tried that, but
they don't have much extra room, so they were always trying to keep out of
each other's way.
When I just bought another house, I made sure, we'll always have extra room,
just in case....Hope it works out for you.  Ken B