For some reason I never thought that I would experience any difficulty
stopping parlodel and starting Mirapex. I've been stable on the same meds
for 3 years now, so I guess I forgot what a yoyo this drug stuff can be. I
just had my eyes focused on how terrific it was going to be finally taking
the Mirapex!

But yesterday, the first day with no parlodel or Mirapex, I noticed I got
MUCH slower as the day wore on, by evening had that ole "swimming in cement"
feeling. I thought O well, tomorrow I start Mirapex! But today I started
Mirapex at a sub-therapeutic dose of .125 mgs 3x day, and got slower as the
cement hardened, probably because the parlodel is quickly washing out, and
the Mirapex still isn't kicking in.

Is this happening to anyone else, or am I having one of my famous psychotic,
oops, I mean psychosomatic episodes? I noticed that some of you are being
titrated down on permax or parlodel while titrating up on Mirapex at the
same time. I'm beginning to wonder if that might be a really smart idea,
considering that it takes about 2 weeks to hit a therapeutic dose of Mirapex.

Kathie Tollifson
47/9