> Like, maybe we could conduct an examination on the dead bodies of
> all people suspected of having Parkinsons, eh?  I wonder what the
> results would be?  Probably 50% accuracy, if that.

Hi Billy,

One "test" for PD is to take L-dopa.  If it helps, you have PD, if it
doesn't, you * probably * don't (but not positively).

But there are lots of secondary symptoms that a good neurologist will test
for, such as a history of "micrographia" (increasingly smaller letters
while writing, eventually "freezing"), the "back-of-the-hand tap", the
typical PD "shuffle" gait, etc.

None of these is indicative by itself, but taken together they can give a
profile that can be identified as PD.

Then there are "degree of disability" tests, such as the Hoehn & Yahr, or
the Schwab & England.

Here in the Land of Oz, we have a Brain Bank (sorry, deposits only, no
withdrawals or loans <grin>).  A PWP can agree to donate their brain (after
death, but in my case, pre-mortem probably wouldn't matter) for PD
research.

Hopefully, research on the donated brains will reveal something more than
we know now, and lead to a cure, or at least, a 100% effective treatment.

BTW, why do I get the feeling that you are just stirring the pot to see
what floats to the surface?  <grin>

Jim

 James F. Slattery, J.P., M.A.C.S.
 JandA Computing Consultancy