Kathie, at 23:27 23/07/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I thought O well, tomorrow I start Mirapex! But today I started
>Mirapex at a sub-therapeutic dose of .125 mgs 3x day, and got slower as the
>cement hardened, probably because the parlodel is quickly washing out, and
>the Mirapex still isn't kicking in.
>
>Is this happening to anyone else, or am I having one of my famous psychotic,
>oops, I mean psychosomatic episodes?

>Kathie Tollifson
>47/9

Kathie,

I discussed dosage levels of Requip (Ropinerole) with a Professor who heads
a large international research team studying PD.  He told me that, at low
levels, Requip actually shuts down dopamine producing cells and you have to
get above this level to derive benefit.  He went on to say that some people
had, mistakenly, been discouraged and stopped taking the drug too early for
this reason.  ( I will let the group know how I am getting on with this drug
in due course but want to be sure of my experiences before I say anything)

So, do not be discouraged, it is possible that Mirapex may exhibit the same
characteristics and give you negative effects initially until you get up to
your therapeutic dose.

Good luck.

Ernie.
Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>