Marvin,

I can empathize with your trouble.  I, too, must be in just the right position
to sleep, and even when I find it I know that within 2 to 3 hours I will be
awake again.
Last night I went to bed at 12:30am(today actually), took at least 30min to go
to sleep and was up at 3:30am.  I went back to bed at 4:30am and was awake until
after 5.  Then I got up at 6:30 and stayed up.  So, maybe I got almost 4 hours
of sleep, in pieces.  This was a restful night.  Many nights it is much worse.

Yesterday my son and I went to the movies. I sat in the theatre for the 2 hours
of the movie.  I am glad the movie was good.  At the end of it, I started to
stand up.  My legs went into a dystonia mode.  My left leg would not straighten
to let me stand and my right foot was doing the toe/heel curl.  My son was so
good to me.  He took hold and helped me get to the car.  While driving home I
had tremors, dystonia, and difficulty driving.  My son said he knows now that he
must get a license and be my driver.

Changes!
No more theatre movies.  Limited driving.  No more long walks along the river
(climbing over the rocks).  No more good, deep, sound sleeps.  No more days
without pain and/or discomfort.

I am so glad for the computer, the net, and all of you for friends.  Thank you
for being there.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling
[log in to unmask]   or    [log in to unmask]