Hello folks,

The following is not meant to offend anyone here.  The religious
connotation can be easily changed and retold to fit personal choice.
Someone sent it to me several years ago after I first came online.

Clara Nistler

                                The Cross Room

A young man was at the end of his rope.  Seeing no way out he dropped to
his knees in prayer.  "Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a
cross to bear."

The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your
cross inside this room. Then open that other door and pick out any you
wish."

The young man was filled with relief.  "Thank you Lord," he sighed, and he
did what he was told.  Upon entering the other door, he saw many other
crosses, some so large the tops weren't even visible.  Then he spotted a
tiny cross leaning against the far wall.  "I'd like that one Lord," he
whispered.

And the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."
                                        Author...unknown