Since several of you have mentioned that 'impossible to describe'
feeling, I want to add a word about my experience of the same.  For a
couple of years, I tried to describe to my GP, and eventually to a back
surgeon, that though I had some back pain, (which I could handle with
tylenol or?)my bigger complaint was the 'ticklish' feelings that seemed
to start near my waist, near my spine and end up making my toes curl and
my body jump, and I would have to change positions.  This usually
started within 30 minutes or less after going to bed.  It also happened
if I tried to sit and watch TV more than 30 min. or so, or ride in the
car more than 30 min. - had to get up or out and walk a bit. It meant
that for a couple of years I got very little sleep, and often ended up
sleeping on the floor or in a lounge chair from sheer exhaustion.

To make what could be a very long story a little shorter, I finally went
to a new neurologist who prescribed "Klonopin - 1/2 tablet (.25 mg) 3 X
per day. I take it only at bedtime! My understanding is that it is a
medication given to people with cerebral palsy to help them rest quietly
at night.  (Don't quote me, please - my recollections aren't always
correct.)  Someone warned me:"Isn't Klonopin habit forming?"  My answer
- "Well, at 74, who cares, especially if I can get some rest." I also
take - at bedtime - 2 Valerian Root (herbal) capsules.  Which does the
most good,I don't knnow.  All I know is that now I sleep well at night
and get up in the morning feeling like a new person and ready for the
day!! Klonopin is of course a prescription drug so you would need to
check with your dr.  Oh yes, it also has a generic 'twin' - called
Clonazepam, is on the formulary list and co-pay applies.  Hope this is
helpful to someone.
Sue Kendall ([log in to unmask])