Pardon me if this is repetitious (which according to a message of rejection
from the Listserve it may be), but I have not seen this option posted before.
 Perhaps it's due to a backlog of digests that I cannot seem to open the
usual way.

Even faster than the "delete" button, which is a two-step process on aol, is
the "ignore" button, which is a one-step process on aol.

What I do when I'm downloading messages is look through all the messages in
the mail box and those that I know I'm not interested in I hit with the
ignore key.
I then retrieve the ones left by using the automatic offload option, and it
passes right over the ones to be ignored.

The next time I go to the mailbox, those 'unwanted" messages are no longer in
my new mail box.

Hope this helps someone with managing their mail.  Incidentally, I'm also on
the Digest version of this list.

Regards,

Barbara Blake-Krebs           [log in to unmask]