Wendy writes:

I've always wondered if pd may be triggered by toxins, why
>they don't spend more time boosting a person's resistance to them and
>helping them to clear their body of them.  That should slow the
>progression even if it doesn't cure it.  Why is all of the focus on
>the brain, when it may be the liver, thru an enzyme deficiency, which
>fails to filter out the toxins that lead to pd?  Maybe neurologists in
>studying pd, should also be teaming up with those Dr's who specialize
>in treating liver disease.  Makes sense to me.

Wendy,

Last year I did a radical detox of my digestive and eliminative systems
along with a heavy metal detox. The whole thing took a month, and at the end
I felt incredibly better. I slept better, had more energy (hm-m-m, maybe I
should read my own letters?), and reduced my meds by about 25%. Since then I
take silymarin or milk thistle daily, which is a natural but very effective
liver detox.

I agree with you that at the very least we can do for ourselves is eliminate
any internal threat that may exist. I am a complete maniac when it comes to
avoiding pesticides and other toxins, but realistically I am probably
fooling myself since the pollution of our planet is pretty total.  :(

Kathie Tollifson
47/9