Hi All:

I'm new to the group.  I've had PD for 7 years, last 3 years the symtoms are
getting worse. I was forced into early retirement due to the problems I was
having due to lack of sleep. Shortly after my retirement my doctor gave me a
prescription for AMBIEN 10 mg and AMITRIPTYLINE 10Mg. I take 1/2 tablet
AMBIEN and 2 tablets of AMITRIPTYLINE at bed time and get from 8 to 9 hours
sleep a night. I've been on these perscriptions for over a year and a half
and although they say the AMBIEN can be habit forming, it's worth it, for
me. I still have a night, once in a while, where I have to take a full
tablet of AMBIEN, but most nights I get by with only 1/2. My docter tried
several combinations of drugs, to relieve my sleepless nights and this
combination worked for me. I still can not nap during the day, but at least
I'm sleeping at night.

Hope this is of help to those who are not sleeping..

Larry/57/7