BArb, you seem to know what help is available, but others may not. If the
Patient needs certain treatments, such as vitamin B12 injections, for
example, or wound care for skin lesions, etc that must be performed by an
LPN, then other services may also be available, such as help with
bathing/showering for example.  I know there are many requirements that must
be met. I also am speaking about the U.S.A. It is not necessary to be
destitute, but I think there are some financial qualifications. My mother
really has to juggle the "fixed income" to provide for as much care as
possible for dad, so any help from Uncle Sam is welcome.  My parents have
always been "givers" all their lives, so I feel they deserve any help they
can get now.  I am sure that applies to most everyone on this list.  Ken B