------=_NextPart_000_01BC99B7.94BCD740

 ----
From: B.Bruce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, July 21, 1997 10:01 AM
Subject:  Re: Mohamed Ali/Classes of PWP

I think the main point Ken R. was trying to make was that "professional"
boxing is a brutal sport
Don't you think there is too much rushing to judge list members who put
forth a thought that perhaps is not PC with the majority of the active
members of this list?  Is it really necessary to put people down for and
express outrage for innocently using the word "boy" or suggesting Ali =
could
possibly be in some remote way not a perfect person?  We might want to
consider saving our condemnations, if they are necessary at all, until =
the
transgressions are confirmed.  Billy Baird sounded really hurt by all =
the
condemnation and name-calling (the powerful word "racist" is starting to
lose all meaning it is thrown around so often) directed toward him (or
her?) for his admittedly ignorant remarks.  And he is one of us too.  =
His
contributions have been valuable and entertaining.  In condemnation,
someone even suggested he doesn't really exist.  The guy is starting his
fourth job in a year and should be given the benefit of the doubt.
THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING THIS GROUP, SOMEONE NEEDED TO!
EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION!  EVERYONE SHOULDN'T TAKE =
EVERYTHING SO PERSONAL.
P.S. DON'T FORGET TO USE PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS FOR PERSONAL =

------=_NextPart_000_01BC99B7.94BCD740

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D'"Trident 4.71.0544.0"' name=3DGENERATOR>

</HEAD>
<BODY><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

<P> ----<BR>
<B>From: </B>B.Bruce Anderson &lt;[log in to unmask]&gt;<BR>
<B>To: </B>Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN=20
&lt;[log in to unmask]&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Monday, July 21, 1997 10:01 AM<BR>
<B>Subject: </B> Re: Mohamed Ali/Classes of PWP<BR>
<BR>
<HTML><BODY><FONT size=3D2>I think the main point Ken R. was trying to =
make was=20
that &quot;professional&quot;<BR>
boxing is a brutal sport</FONT>

<P><FONT size=3D2>Don't you think there is too much rushing to judge =
list members=20
who put<BR>
forth a thought that perhaps is not PC with the majority of the =
active<BR>
members of this list?&nbsp; Is it really necessary to put people down =
for=20
and<BR>
express outrage for innocently using the word &quot;boy&quot; or =
suggesting Ali=20
could<BR>
possibly be in some remote way not a perfect person?&nbsp; We might want =
to<BR>
consider saving our condemnations, if they are necessary at all, until =
the<BR>
transgressions are confirmed.&nbsp; Billy Baird sounded really hurt by =
all=20
the<BR>
condemnation and name-calling (the powerful word &quot;racist&quot; is =
starting=20
to<BR>
lose all meaning it is thrown around so often) directed toward him =
(or<BR>
her?) for his admittedly ignorant remarks.&nbsp; And he is one of us =
too.&nbsp;=20
His<BR>
contributions have been valuable and entertaining.&nbsp; In =
condemnation,<BR>
someone even suggested he doesn't really exist.&nbsp; The guy is =
starting=20
his<BR>
fourth job in a year and should be given the benefit of the doubt.<BR>
THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING THIS GROUP, SOMEONE NEEDED TO!</FONT>

<P><FONT size=3D2>EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION!  EVERYONE =
SHOULDN'T=20
TAKE EVERYTHING SO PERSONAL.</FONT>

<P><FONT size=3D2>P.S. DON'T FORGET TO USE PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS FOR =
PERSONAL=20

</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01BC99B7.94BCD740--