Good morning! I seem to recall that someone wanted to hear from one who
has used Permax.  I was on Sinemet for a number of years until the neuro
was persuaded that my breathing problems had become quite debilitating.
That was Jan.'97.  He started me on Permax - VERY slowly - it took from
mid-Feb. to mid-Mar. The increases were in .10 jumps every 2-3 days.  I
was not taking anything else for those 4 1/2 weeks,
reaching the maximum - 3 mg/day - with no particular problems or
noticeable side-effects  until June.  At that time some 20-30 minute
breathing problems began, once or twice a day.
        I had heard from a friend who had been in one of the test-groups and
had been taking the new MIRAPEX for 3-4 years total, (he was definitely
on the med and not placebos). He felt it had really been good for him,
helping his walking, decreasing his tremor, aiding his memory and
speech, and urged me to watch for it to come to the pharmacies.
        On July 16 my neurologist was kind enough to get me started with
Mirapex - samples.  I am cutting back on Permax gradually as I increase
the Mirapex.  It is too soon, of course, to say anything definite about
it yet, but as of today - half way into my 2nd week - I have not noticed
anything different, good or bad,  definitely no problems so far.
        Example: week 1 - .125 Mirapex 3x/day; Permax .25 3x/day.
                 week 2 - .25 Mirapex 3x/day; Permax .125 3x/day.
I will see my neurologist on the 29th for an evaluation and further
directions re: the Mirapex, etc.
        Will keep you posted on my progress. Hope this is helpful to someone.

Sue Kendall