Barb,

I've taken the trial drug for Mirapex for three years, and my neuros have
conducted the tolcpapone study as well.  They feel that tolcapone is the
more effective medication of the two,  However, since Mirapex is a
dopamine agonist and tolcapone a COMT inhibitor, I should be able to take
both of them.  My goal is to cut down on the sinemeet.

Mirapex has been more effective than parlodel for me, and has improved my
balance to the point where I seldom fall any more.  Of course I don't know
how I'd feel without it, but generally I would say I've improved since
I've taken it.

I'll let you know what happens when I start tolcapone.  In answer to your
question about skipping around among medicaitions,  I guess we have to do
a bit of that until we find the combination that best suits us.

Good luck.

Pat