Hi,

     I quit smoking 4 years ago and started having problems 2 & 1/2 to 3
years ago.  I didn't restart since I had only heard it delays onset.  I
am 31 so the age/smokers thing is probably just part of the anti-tobbaco
lobby.  Would be interested to know how many others quit smoking before
onset, and how long before onset (onset not necessarilly diagnosis...I
was not DXed until this past Dec.)

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Heather Elizabeth Baird wrote:

> Like, all I know about Parkinsons and smoking, is that I smoked
> since I was 18, managed to quit for 2 years, 4 years ago.  I then
> was diagnosed with Parkinsons after I had not had a cigarette for
> 2 years.  Naturally, I started smoking again, but this did not
> help my Parkinsons at all.  I managed to quit smoking again 14
> months ago.  Some claim that smokers do not get Parkinsons, and
> some say that the reason for this is they don't live long enough
> due to their smoking habit.

---
     All You Touch And All You See      [log in to unmask]     ____
     Is All Your Life Will Ever Be.     (315) 461-0414            /    \
     I think, therefore I am confused!  John G. Poupore          | O  O |
     Live Long And Prosper, for I shall do neither.               \ || /
     All I can say is that my life is pretty plain                 |++|
     I like watching the puddles gather rain                        --
     Homepage Design Consultant:   http://www.cooltime.com