my own email address, thanks for those, and please keep them coming.

Jim Caldwell responded to the list, and I wanted  to clarify what we are
trying to do with the information we receive. Getting your feedback is
just the first step. Jim wrote:

"EPDA's project on Understanding Quality of Life of PwP & the
Caregivers
will undoubtedly contribute to better understanding of the needs of
Parkinsonians.
However it is disappointing that the time constraints placed by the
deadline of Friday 25 July for submissions, prevents the possibility of an
in-depth international representation of experiences and opinions.

To obtain a reasonable number of contributors from the 6000 plus
Parkinsonians in New Zealand would take at least 6 to 8 weeks, not 4
Days."

Yes I am afraid the deadline is a little tight, apologies for that. What we
are trying to achieve in that time is not to get a full international response
from all PWPs around the world at this point in time.
 We are hoping to get your experience of what the factors are that
affect quality of life. We are also talking to PD nurses and neurologists
and academics. This list that we compile we hope will be as
comprehensive as possible. We may miss a couple of things. But..

The list of factors and influences will be incorporated into a
questionnaire that we will use in the survey to interview PWPs and their
carers. At this point in time, through open questions, we might pick up
some influences if they have been missed. This will provide any missing
pieces of the jigsaw.
The survey will use  measurement scales developed at Oxford
University to assess what impact on quality of life each of these
influences has.

We are speaking with academics with much experience of running such
surveys to measure quality of life, and this means that the way the
survey will be run is a good way of assessing the impact of PD on
PWPs' and caregivers' lives, and what makes things better.

I hope that this explains a little more clearly what we are trying to
achieve, but please get back to me with any responses or questions.

Best wishes to all of you

Simon Morris
email: [log in to unmask]