From:    "Linda S. Breedlove" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Rasagiline

Dan,

I too would like to hear about natural remedies...I posted an inquiry
yesterday on the list requesting info specifically on St.John's wort, but
curiously no one out of 1300 has replied.

So...maybe you'll have better luck getting a response than I did.

Ed (50/dx 4)
Columbia, MO

Linda,

I have been saving the following posting waiting on the correct subject to
come up again.  Maybe now is the right time.

I have been reading a number of postings recently on "Fava Beans" without
realizing that I have had some experience with them.

About eight years ago I tried a doctor who was a Mennonite
Herbologist/Optocologist ( One who diagnoses by looking into your eyes)  He
prescribed the herb "Broad Bean" ( in a liquid extract form) for my tremor.

It made a noticeable difference, so much so that I was really getting
excited. I took it in addition to my Sinemet and it seemed much smoother in
its effect.

My bubble burst later when I learned that broad Bean was a source of L-Dopa
so I was, therefore, only increasing my Sinemet consumption.  To his credit
though, I didn't mention Parkinson's prior to or during his examination, so
he hit pretty close to home with his diagnoses.

John Davis <[log in to unmask]>  60/13