Phil wrote
"Were there other indications that you were depressed?  Although PD
frequently causes depression, and depression can cause insomnia,
insomnia can have other causes besides depression."

There were a couple of other indications.  Firstly a feeling of
general sadness at something lost in my life.  Could'nt pin down
exactly what I thought I'd lost.  The feeling would last a couple of
hours
hours and I'd have to work hard at mentally blocking this negative
feeling with positive thoughts.  Secondly when first awakening in the
morning I would get a mental picture of hanging myself. This was'nt
too hard to get rid off: just replaced the image with thoughts of
"Lets fight this PD and never give in!"

Two points to keep in mind.
1.  I have a positive type of mind and before PD never had depression.
2.  Since taking the Amitryptyline Hydrochloride 25mg at night and
getting a reasonable nights sleep it is much easier to mentally
block negative thinking.
Friendly suggestion.
I find it interesting to know where the various places the Email
originates from, would any members on the list consider signing
off as I do.
Thanks Phil for your interest.  Regards.
Ronnie D. Melbourne. ([log in to unmask]) 66/4.