Mother (85/6) has been going downhill quite rapidly in the past few months.
 She hasn't been able to walk on her own for about four years.  With help she
has been able to walk only about fifteen feet.  Now, she can walk with help
only a few steps (and it is hardly a walk--one foot is turned so that it
looks like her ankle is going to break).  She is now suddenly also having
difficulty getting in and out of bed.  She has a hospital bed with a triangle
hold above her.  They live in a rural area--thousands of miles away from me.
 We are all sure she is under-medicated (She takes a 50/250 Sinemet in the
early morning and one at noon,  and just recently has been adding Permax),
but no one is sure the medication she has is doing anything.  The D.O. she
has been seeing is leaving the community.  There are no other doctors in
town.  Anyway, Dad wants to take her to Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.  Does
anyone know if they need a doctor referral to go there?  Can they just call
the clinic directly and get an appointment?  Is the Mayo Clinic connected in
some way with the Barrows Neurological Institute?  They have about a ten hour
drive to Scottsdale.  Does anyone have any idea how long they would have to
stay to get adequate help?  Does anyone know any inexpensive motels in the
area?  Any other ideas?
Thank you for being there.
Joan D. (56/8/Amantadine)