-- [ From: Kathryn Saupp * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I prefer to lurk listserves, but who can resist Barb's gracious invite.  I
am 48 w/PD since Jan. '91.  I  am glad :) to share talk of meds and how to
live independently.  Currently take permax and sinimet CR & regular in low
doses 4 times daily. My recent discoveries are:
*Antidepressant imiprimine affords better counterance even  at low doses.
*Two canes work better than a walker on those evenings that my legs don't
work.  *There is a novel, "The Distinguished Guest" by Susan Miller w/ a
lovable female parkisonian, but don't fall too much in love -- she committs
suicide, tho in a very classy way. * Women with dyskinesia tend to be
considered high strung.
        My opinions are:  *We all have both male and female hormones: which is
effected most?  *I've been in menopause since taking permax but not yet old
enough to be respectable.  *When I complain about my medicine I'm directed
toward exercise and nutrition or told to accept my illness.  I'm not doing
as well as I could be, and want to do better. * I expect to learn alot from
this group, and am looking for a PD expert in central PA for a consult
opinion.  *Mahamad Ali may be under-medicated because he is  powerful. :(

I believe in the addage "use it or lose it"  and try to remind myself each
time I'm "off" that "on" will again be possible.  "Off-times" are my worst
times.  Thanks for letting me share.