Ed writes:

>I too would like to hear about natural remedies...I posted an inquiry
>yesterday on the list requesting info specifically on St.John's wort, but
>curiously no one out of 1300 has replied.
>
>So...maybe you'll have better luck getting a response than I did.

Welcome to the list you two, we are presently a little played out on the St.
John's Wort, having had one or two recent go-rounds with it. My info is that
it has MAO-inhibiting properties, probably best to avoid if you are using
Eldypryl. Otherwise I haven't seen or don't recall a reason not to give it a
try.

Re: alternative/natural approaches....there is a fairly large group here
that go that route, and within a few days of list-attendance you will
receive reams of useful info. There are also searchable archives (that's not
my forte, maybe someone will post the instructions). Right now we are giving
a lot of attention to Mirapex, a new dopamine agonist, because it has just
been released in the US this month and a few dozen of us are starting it.

Be patient...I believe this is the unrivaled best source of info on every
aspect of Parkinsons Disease. You may also gain some valuable insight into
human nature (good and bad!) And heck, if you're REALLY open-minded you
might even make some friends!

Kathie Tollifson
47/9