My name is Anne Orr.  I live in Longview, Texas and was diagnosed with
Parkinson's Disease in November of '95.  I'm a school counselor and have
been able to "hide" my disease so far.  However, I plan to "come-out" this
school year.  That should be interesting.  I have a wonderful support
group:  my marvelous husband, a daughter who won't discuss it, three very
good friends who keep me taking my meds regularly during the days at school
as well as being generally very supportive.  My own and extended families
are also terrific.  I'm really very lucky.

My doctor is Dr. Dewey at U. T. Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.  He
is really a good doctor, though he does have a little of that "god"
attitude.  My meds are sinamet CR three times a day - 50/200 and 1 mg
Permax.  I have had good reports but some days feel like I'm racing toward
that nursing home bed.  I have an aunt who spent 25 years in a nursing home
with Parkinson's and died not too pleasantly.  I've also been diagnosed
with Peripheral Neurapathy.  Anyone else out there with that?  It is
apparently not too terribly uncommon to Parkinson's patients.  So much for
the down stuff.  We use the time we have the best we can, right?

A good friend said she heard something about a cure being around the
corner.  Heard anything about that.  Prayers can be answered.  Does anyone
else have trouble with insomnia.  Is it med or emotion related?   Onset
coincided with diagnosis so I don't know.  Any help for that known?

>From what I read on the net, you are all so med-wise.  Guess I'm going to
have to pay more attention and not be so trusting.  Thanks for the warning.

Thanks,
Anne