^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   67  deg. F sunny and beautiful
Dear Kathy, Ron, Jerry, Marge and listfriends,

    THANK YOU all very much  for  your comments on Pramipexole.  I am on
3 x .125 mg/day at this point.

    For me, it seems to be VERY powerfu, l because at times I am now
getting periods of dyskinesia.  I am trying to learn how to REDUCE the
Sinemet CR 25/100 and the generic 25/100 carbidopa/levodopa ("Sinemet') I
am on.

      So far, I am already down 200 mg of L-dopa /day, from 1300 to 1100.

       So far, no side effects other than dyskinesias.

     I did not know that too much CARBIDOPA is possibly a concern..  I
will see my local neuro about this, as well as to discuss what's
happening with the pramipexole.

     Two further questions:

     1.  Can anyone possibly explain more about the AMOUNT of carbidopa
that's considered optimal??  I've always wondered why Sinemet 25/100 and
Sinemet 10/100, and Sinemet CR 25/250, 25/100, and 50/200 are all
available.
What symptoms  should I watch out for if I'm getting too much carbidopa?

      2.   Is anyone taking pramipexole at bedtime?  I wonder how it
effects
sleep.  Combined with CR, might it be helpful to prevent overnight
freezing up?

    More later,

    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

    IVAN  [log in to unmask]