Hi,

I am a new subscriber to this list and am writing for information.

A friend of mine has had Parkinson's for 4 years. He has deteriorated
considerably. He speaks with difficulty although I am able to
understand him. His movement is very limited. He is in a wheelchair.

I saw a 20/20 special which described a surgery in which electrodes
are implanted in the brain and hooked to a pacemaker like device which
provides electrical stimulation.

If anyone has information about the procedure or about its
availablility, I would appreciate the help. I believe it was done in
France.

Thanks,

Marc Wooldridge

Marc Wooldridge