Charlie:  As usual, you have put into words what many of us feel.  Thank
you and welcome back.  I would also like to add my thanks to Joe Bruman
for his contributions.  I am sure it takes many, many hours of work to
compile all that information.  While I'm at it, thanks also to Janet
Paterson for all her info re the brain and depression.  You have all
contributed greatly (along with many other listmembers) to making this
discussion list a useful tool in dealing with pd and to making the
archives of this list a unique resource for improving the quality of life
of those of us with Parkinson's and our caregivers.

Too many times we read negative reports about the internet...scams,
pornography, etc...this discussion list is an example of what the
internet can do positively to make our lives better.

Barb

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Charles T. Meyer wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> I think it is important that we bitch a little (or a lot) once in a
> while here.  I have written here about healthy and unhealthy denial and
> while it is not productive to wallow in our misery there are a lot of
> times that I feel miserable and damn it,  I have a right to feel sorry
> for myself- when I am unable to go some place on my own,  when I wake up
> at 4 AM with muscle cramps, When  I watch the woman I love burdened by
> my lack of mobility.
>
> George-,  You ask for words of wisdom.  The fact is that you and I and
> the 1500 pwp on this list are living with (either themselves or through
> someone we are close to ) a shitty illness that slowly robs us of
> aspects of our being.  The only wisdom that I can impart is the fact
> that knowing you are not alone and that others of us feel the same way
> and understand what you are experiencing because we experience it too
> sometimes makes a difference.
>
> I think that I have gotten so active on the list because it permits me
> to feel useful- that I am still able to help and relate to people at a
> time in my life when I am losing so much physically and emotionally.  I
> need to remind myself that I still have something to offer others and
> while I have every right to feel overwhelmed with my losses I still have
> things that I can contribute.
>
> Charlie
> --
> CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
> MADISON, WISCONSIN

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing