David,

     I understand your frustration.  Probably my most frustrating time with
PD was when I attempted to paint my house 2 years ago.  I ended up painting
only about 25 per cent.  My wife and dad did the rest.  It was especially
frustrating for me to see my dad (who was 81 at the time) moving up and
down a ladder so much better than me.  My dad was very discreet with his
help.  But it was very
difficult for me to accept the situation.  But I guess that I should be
thankful that my dad had a career in construction with no serious injuries
(except for some broken ribs once when he fell through a floor) and still
wants to lend people a helping hand.
     Please be careful on your roof. My biggest problems painting the
second floor of my house were the problems slow movement and rigidity
caused me on the ladder and roof. I also had problems maintaining
continuous movement in activities like scrapping.
     I feel better than I did 2 years ago.  But next time my house needs
painting, I hope to have enough money to pay someone else to do it!  My
neighbor had a broke college student paint her house this summer.  My
neighbor got a good job at a reasonable rate and the student got money for
Fall Semester's tuition.

                         Sincerely, Charley Countryman (46)